Urinary & Fecal Incontinence
Specialized Freedom Physical Therapists help patients reduce or eliminate inconvenient and embarrassing symptoms associated with incontinence, or involuntary loss of bladder or bowel control.
Signs and symptoms of incontinence include:
- Leaking on the way to the bathroom
- Underwear soiling
- Inability to control where or when bowel movements occur
- Leaking after using the bathroom
- Use of protective pads or garments
Incontinence may be due to a variety of causes, often several at once, including:
- Pelvic muscle weakness
- Abnormal tension in pelvic, hip or thigh muscles
- Nerve injury or entrapment
- Loss of pelvic support
- Scar formation following surgery or childbirth
- Food allergies or intolerances
We’re here to help!
Freedom therapists perform a comprehensive evaluation, including review of your medical history, in order to define the cause of your incontinence. Individualized goals are taken into consideration when developing a treatment plan which may include: pelvic muscle exercise, core stabilization, manual therapy, biofeedback and electrical stimulation.